If you still haven’t heard about Pickleball, it’s a fun sport that combines many elements of tennis, badminton and ping-pong. It’s played on a badminton sized court with the net set at about tennis height.
We play indoors in the Winakwa gym and accommodate a range of ages and skill levels. The rules are simple and the game is easy for beginners to learn. If you have never played and are at all interested come out and see what it’s all about. We have people who would be glad to introduce you to the sport.
Hope to see you on the court.
Every member of Winakwa pickleball pledges the following:
1. I will always remember that pickleball is a game and I am playing to have FUN.
2. I will treat others with respect.
3. I will exhibit fairness and honesty in my dealings with others.
4. I will observe the rule of doing unto others as I would have them do unto me.
5. I will be a positive influence on members and others to encourage teamwork.
6. I will not flaunt my position or standing within the club.
7. I will not engage in unsportsmanlike conduct or encourage others to do so.
8. I will not engage in any behavior that would endanger the health, safety, or well-being of
9. I will not engage in the use of excessive profanity
10. I will not criticize my partner or other members, not fault them for their mistakes.
11. I will dress in safe and appropriate attire, including proper non-marking footwear.
Winakwa pickleball encourages its members to be vigilant in applying these codes and to:
● Constantly demonstrate good sportsmanship.
● Bring to the attention of the management any concerns. Management will apply a discipline Policy to those who consistently fail to act in accordance with the Code of conduct.
Memberships are currently full, however, we are still accepting drop in players. If you wish to join our group please send an email to Darren (red button below).
You must sign up to play at Winakwa - we use www.signupgenius.com.
Please contact Darren to be added to the list.
If you have questions, or would like to be placed on the drop in list please contact Darren, click below
Players at this level are most interested in exercise, friendship and fun. This is where you should play if you are newer to the game or just looking enjoy playing or learn the game of pickleball. These players are trying to win but not at the expense of fun. Rallies are generally shorter and less intense.
Players at this level are ready to be more competitive. A player has a strong understanding of the game and has likely played for some time or has an athletic background. These players are generally looking for competitive games with tougher shots made. Rallies are longer and more intense.
Players that are advanced are playing to win and competition is paramount. Advanced players fully understand the game and generally have interest in more intense play like tournaments. An advanced player knows when to make shots and can successfully make those shots on a consistent basis.
We play 4 people per court - come with a friend or on your own! Play with someone different every game.
Receive your invitation to sign up on Wednesdays.
12 months unlimited play $204.00 + Tax + Booster = $234.20
($19.51 per month)
*3 Months unlimited play $60.00 + Tax
($21 per month)
As of Jan.1/2020 all pickleball players will be required to pay the Winakwa “booster” fee once yearly, to support the club. The booster will be included on your first payment of the calendar year and will be repeated each year thereafter.
WCC does not send individual reminders of expired memberships to clients.
Once per month a list of expired/expiring memberships is posted in the gym for your convenience.
Receive your invitation to sign up on Fridays