Welcome to Winakwa Baseball
Bonivital Baseball is happy to outline our steps to return to the baseball field for the upcoming 2020
All community clubs within Bonivital will be reopening their baseball registration from Friday
June 5 to Wednesday June 10 inclusive. This will allow new players who didn't have a chance
previously to register to do so and also allow any player to withdraw from this year's season
and obtain a refund from their community club. Please visit your community club’s website or
contact them directly to discuss refunds. If you have already registered and wish to play ball
this year, there is very little to do.
On June 11th, Bonivital Baseball will meet again to review the final participant numbers and
start to put teams and schedules together. Rally Cap, Grand Slam and players wishing to play
community club A Ball will be the first groups to be organized. We hope to have Rally Cap and
Grand Slam seasons start as soon as possible. A reminder that we still need volunteer coaches
at all levels. Bonivital will work with the coaches to ensure that they can be as successful as
possible with this fun league and also understand the changes that Covid-19 has made to our
game. Coaching requirements have been adjusted for this season. A Respect In Sport course is
all that is needed.
Mandatory waiver agreements have been created by Baseball Manitoba and are required prior
to any ball player stepping on any field in Manitoba. All baseball players in Manitoba are
required to have their name entered into the RAMP system. All community club’s websites
should have their specific RAMP link on their website. The Waiver Agreement will be available
within the RAMP website under your player’s registration information. Baseball Manitoba is
attempting to have this form up and running by June 5 at 2 PM. If there are issues, they will
be contacting the association with further details.
Tryouts for AAA & AA Players:
Bonivital has confirmed that tryouts for U11 AA, U13 AAA & AA, U15 AAA & AA, U18 AAA & AA
will be held on June 20 and 21 at the Southdale Community Centre.
We have adjusted the way we complete tryouts to be as efficient as possible and give the
players the best opportunity to show off their skills.
Each age level will have a 4 hour tryout slot. AAA and AA players will tryout together and all
players will be evaluated by the AAA coaches and by Bonivital qualified evaluators.
Players will not be told that day what team they were successful in making. Some form of
contact will be made with the player 24-48 hours following the tryouts.
Please review the Bonivital Tryout page on this website for further details. This will include:
- Dates and times
- New tryout costs & payment requirements
- Covid-19 safety requirements
Following tryouts, Bonivital will endeavor to put all AAA, AA and A ball teams together with
their coaches. At that point, teams can hit their fields to prepare for the upcoming schedule.
We are working closely with Winnipeg Minor Baseball to create a schedule for all ages. This
may be a work in process and may come out in stages. The 2020 Baseball Season (games) will
start on July 6th and end on August 21st.
2020 Winnipeg Minor Baseball Season
As we are all aware, this baseball season will be like no other. I believe that we in Manitoba are
extremely fortunate as we are only the 2nd province in Canada to move forward with a baseball
season at this point. Unfortunately with that come sacrifices such as:
- All National, Western and Provincial Championships have been cancelled.
- There will be no tournaments allowed.
- Playoffs for some ages will be cancelled
- Standings will not be kept at some age levels
The key objective for all baseball players will be development; trying to get as many players on
the field as possible, developing their skills and having lots of fun doing it.
Please continue to visit your community club, Bonivital Baseball and Baseball Manitoba's
websites for additional updates and information. Your patience is appreciated as information
and next steps continue to evolve.
Lets have a great season!
President, Bonivital Baseball
Updated Bonivital AAA & AA Tryout Information:
Dates - June 20 & 21, 2020
Location - Southdale Community Centre Baseball Fields
- We will be utilizing all 4 baseball fields, batting cages and the parking lot for the tryout drills
- Sat June 20 at 8 AM to 12 pm - U18 AAA & AA combined
- Sat June 20 at 1:15 PM to 5:15 PM - U15 AAA & AA combined
- Sun June 21 at 8 AM to 12 PM - U11 AA
- Sun June 21 at 1:15 PM to 5:15 PM - U13 AAA & AA combined
- $40 for all players
- Due to social distancing requirements, we strongly recommend paying the fee by e-transfers
which can be sent to email@example.com. E-transfers message must include
PLAYER NAME, AGE and LEVEL (AA/AAA) trying out for.
- For those of you that have already paid your tryout fees, a refund for the difference will be
- Arrive 30 minutes prior to your tryout to check in and prepare (see social distancing
- Players arriving for the 1:15 PM slot, please do not arrive sooner than 30 minutes prior (no
sooner than 12:45) to allow for the prior group to leave
- Please bring all equipment you will require including a water bottle. Sharing of any equipment
- Players finishing their tryout must leave the area immediately so the next round of players can
- Please bring proof of baseball registration at your home community centre
- Payment – E-transfer as noted above.
- Participants will be provided a T-shirt upon registration.
Covid-19 Safety Requirements:
Arrival / Drop Off/Pick Up
- Players arrive no earlier than 30 minutes before check in.
- Parking lot entrance limited to north entrance closest to school. Stay left (in queue if
required) along red curbs.
- One vehicle attends to ‘drop zone’ near batting cages (south-west corner of front parking lot).
- One player and parent if needed may enter check in area at a time. If a parent must
accompany a player through screening, they cannot stay parked in the ‘drop zone’ and must
move to a parking spot before attending registration.
- Exit via south entrance near diamonds.
- Parents, please coordinate pick up as the Southdale entrance may be used for the first 30
minutes but if you are in the early group, a second group will be arriving at 12:45 PM
- Parents and/or spectators will not be allowed in the tryout area which includes the entire
baseball field area, bleacher seats, fence line and the parking lot
- All social distancing requirements will apply to the parents
Social Distancing during tryouts:
- Players will be placed into small groups that will rotate around the 6-7 tryout stations set up
around the large complex
- Hand sanitizer will be available for all players before, during and after the tryout
- No spitting, gum, sunflower seeds will be allowed.
- No player will be allowed use their mouth for moisture during the tryout
- Equipment will be sanitized between groups during tryouts
- No sharing of equipment
- Players are not allowed to touch or use other player’s equipment
- Bonivital facilitators, evaluators, coaches, and volunteers will be on hand to ensure all rules are
followed and enforced.