Bulletin Board

Winakwa Community Centre Redevelopment Project

History/Accomplishments
Established in 1952, Winakwa Community Centre was one of the largest community centres in Winnipeg, serving both Windsor Park and Niakwa Park. A ground-breaking ceremony in 1961 saw the construction of a dance hall and hockey change rooms to accommodate over 800 registered hockey players! Through the years, Winakwa has grown and changed to meet the needs of the community which now encompasses Southland Park and Promenade du Parc. In the 1980

Comments